Hello folks! It’s time for the first Bikes and Film Cameras Photo Challenge! This challenge is open to anyone who loves both bicycles and film photography. You don’t need to be a member of the club, but it wouldn’t hurt!
The theme for the winter challenge is Night Photography. Let’s see your shots from after dark! The challenge will happen from Saturday January 15th through Monday February 28th, 2022. All times local. Here’s the nitty gritty:
- Photos need to be taken after sunset and before sunrise.
- Photos need to be taken with a film camera. 35mm, 120, instant, it doesn’t matter what kind of film or what kind of film camera, as long as it was shot on film.
- Photos need to be taken on a bike ride.
- There doesn’t need to be a bicycle in the photo, but I won’t stop you if there is.
- Photos should be taken during the timeframe of the challenge, or slightly before. We’ll accept photos taken up to three months before the challenge started. So no photos before October 15, 2021 please.
How to share your photos:
- Flickr: Please add photos to the Bikes and Film Cameras Club group. Tag your pics #bfccwinter22
- Instagram: Tag your pics #bfccwinter22 and let me know (DM or tag me)
- Tumblr: Tag your pics #bfccwinter22 and let me know (DM me)
- Other websites: Let me know what you post, email me at email@example.com
- Mail in: Want to do it all analog and send me prints? Sure! Mail me at P. O. Box 14185, Portland OR 97293 USA
A few more things to note (updated 16 Jan 2022)
- Please make sure you include info on the camera and film used for your photo. Home develop? Sure, include developing info.
- As for amount of photos, the minimum is obviously one. I don’t have a number or target that needs to be hit, so submit as many or as few as you like, but keeping it within reason. (A dozen? Sure. Two dozen? Fine. One thousand photos? Umm…)
I’ll be sharing submissions on the blog and on Instagram (for those being posted to Instagram) as they come in. Have fun, and take some photos!